TV advertising effectiveness is a constant point of discussion asked in today’s ever evolving media landscape. In recent years TV has undergone a revolution, with the TV of today being available anytime,anywhere and on every device. This availability has strengthened the effectiveness of TV advertising and research has shown that TV still remains the dominant medium for communicating brands messaging.
Here are some quick facts about the effectiveness of today’s TV advertising
- A $1 million world-first study involving advertisers such as Unilever, Pfizer and Kimberly-Clark shows that TV creates by far the best return on investment for fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) brands in Australia.
- The first wave of that “Payback Australia” study by Ebiquity, the leading, independent marketing analytics firm, found that every $1 invested in TV advertising generated a return of $1.74.
- TV easily beat online video, online display, radio, press, and outdoor advertising in the study, commissioned by ThinkTV.
- TV was the only media in the study to generate a positive short term revenue ROI for the nine participating FMCG brands, which also included Lindt, Goodman Fielder, Sanitarium, and McCain.
- TV outperformed online and offline channels at driving key performance metrics like sales and new accounts over that period.
Need to speak to ThinkTV directly? Reach us here.